Reporting to the Director, Business Intelligence and Analysis, the Senior BI Analyst, Data Modelling will take a lead role in managing and architecting the Business Intelligence (BI) environment for current and future needs. The successful candidate will liaise with IT and various stakeholder groups to ensure both operational and business needs are met, to allow the team to provide meaningful insights and ensure data is fit for use based on the future BI needs of the company. This includes designing data models for both the BI data warehouse and any future integration into semantic layers and BI tools.
What You Will Be Doing:
Design, maintain, analyze and deliver various reports.
- Help to define maintenance, integration, governance, storage, descriptions, modeling, and structure for data in the BI environment for accuracy and usage maintaining current state
- Collaborate with IT and various business stakeholder teams to review reports or data sources to ensure accuracy, integrity, appropriate interpretation, and high data quality
- Work with IT to design and implement data cleansing routines, ETL, and data warehousing related architectures
- Understand new system changes and how they affect data, reports, and reporting systems
- Analyze data from disparate sources as needed to ensure best fit within the environment
- Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration
- Ensure effective and up-to-date data models and documentation (i.e. data inventory, data flow diagrams) to determine what can be measured, when, and how
- Support on administering backup and recovery procedures as needed
- Play a lead role in design of data models for future BI system changes to support automated reports, ad hoc analytic requests, and self-serve dashboard reporting
- Understand requirements from multiple areas of the business, translate into future architecture of and changes to the BI environment, and coordinate with the proper parties to execute on the vision
- Make recommendations for linking legacy systems to BI data warehouse and BI applications, and the creation and handling of related metadata
- Perform ad hoc analytical requests and support with building reports or dashboards as required by various internal groups to support the business needs
What Skills and Experience We Require:
- Degree/diploma in the discipline of Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Business
- 4-6 years of experience in a data analysis, data modeling and/or BI development role
- Advanced skill in using both MS office and the full suite of MS SQL tools (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, OLAP cubes, reporting presentation layers)
- Some previous experience with BI tools (i.e. Microstrategy), data integration (i.e. ETL tools and development), and implementing semantic layers
- Experience with data modeling, related tools, and supporting metadata documentation
- Experience working with data in an insurance environment is a bonus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and numerical aptitudes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact and communicate across multiple areas of the business
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, creativity, initiative and function with minimal supervision
What we offer you:
- A competitive total rewards package with benefits as of day one, membership in the company’s annual incentive bonus and RRSP plans, and much more!
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work in a large, global organization
All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.
At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel good about your career, the company, and positively impacting people’s lives. At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel at home. Allianz Global Assistance offers a very competitive total rewards package. If you are interested in applying for this or any other opportunity, please visit our Careers’ page at www.allianz-assistance.ca.
Regrettably, due to the volume of applications received, only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please no agencies.
Allianz Global Assistance Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please call our toll free number 1-800-461-1079 and ask to speak to a member of the Human Resources Recruiting Team. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the Recruiter of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- SQL and reporting: 4 years (Preferred)
- data modeling: 4 years (Preferred)
- MicroStrategy: 4 years (Preferred)
- Kitchener, ON (Preferred)