Job Title: Intermediate Developer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Splashlight - Toronto, Canada
WHO WE ARE?
Splashlight is a leading visual content creation company, providing strategy, creative and production of photography and video, to fashion and retail brand partners. Our current clients include Target, Under Armour, Victoria’s Secret, Aldo, Eileen Fisher, Macy’s, and Bloomingdale’s. Headquartered in New York City for over fifteen years, with locations in Montreal, Toronto, and Baltimore.
The position will be based in Toronto and will work out of:
- TWG Studio, 425 Adelaide Street West, Suite 300, Toronto, Canada M5V3C1
- Or, we support remote working in the Central or Eastern Standard Time Zone, USA and Canada
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Developer to join our growing development team in Toronto, Canada. As part of this role, you will help iterate on a new service offering being developed for launch in late 2019, while maintaining and extending existing services. Our exciting products combine web-events capture, client-facing dashboard, data analytics with AI, and automating photography processes. We are looking for someone who can solve technical challenges, which include helping architect and deploying scalable infrastructure and deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in a Lean/Agile environment.
- Extend and maintain existing services with an eye for innovation
- Create plugins and integrations in various languages
- Solve development needs in NodeJS, React, PHP and Python other languages
- Design and maintain scalable data pipeline and infrastructure
- Work closely with AWS products and services
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in an Agile environment
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or Web Development degree or certificate
- Demonstrable knowledge of database design, network services, solution architecture, and implementation
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with Linux/Unix systems and open-source software
- Experience developing API
- Experience working with AWS including RDS, Lambda, S3, Redshift
- Experience with “Big Data” analytics
- Client app development experience (Web, iOS or Android)
- Experience with modern databases such as Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Possesses an inspiring work ethic with the ability to drive teams to an extreme level of quality and performance.
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work with a diverse group or people.
- Flexible and able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic, positive energy and able to work well under pressure.
- Detail-oriented team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- A friendly environment with flexible office hours
- The position is located in TWG Studio
- Hybrid benefits plan: prescriptions, medical, dental, vision
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee, and premium beer
We encourage applications from candidates of color, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Computer Programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- java: 3 years (Preferred)