Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
9711 23rd Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6N 1K7
Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we.
At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers! We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Why is this role important?
If you have previous office administration/payroll/HR experience, we want to hear from you!
At Real Canadian Superstore we offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, a benefits package, and a team atmosphere.
In this exciting role you will:
- Be the contact point for colleagues for any HR related questions
- Be responsible for basic accounting duties – payroll and accounts payable
- Be proactive in the recruitment cycle of the hourly workforce – job postings, interviews, and orientations
- Be diligent in maintaining employee database to ensure accurate information
- Play a key role in planning and executing colleague engagement activities
- Be constantly on the outlook for great talent to join our team
- Track training compliance for new and existing colleagues
- Manage the colleague lifecycle from pre-hire to termination
- Strong computer skills including experienced user of Office suite of programs; SAP and Workday experience or other HRIS or Applicant Tracking system experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with administrating payroll
- Experience with recruitment, on-boarding and other HR duties is an asset
- Must be available to work days and weekends (Sundays required for payroll close)
- A demonstrated team player committed to contributing to the team results
- Excellent organizational abilities-able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sometimes-unpredictable environment
Here are just some of the things Loblaw/Real Canadian Superstore Colleagues enjoy:
- 10% Colleague Discount Program on eligible products sold at Loblaw stores
- Extended Health & Benefits Plan, including Dental, Prescription, Optical, STD/LTD for you and your dependents
- Eligibility for Company Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Employee Share Ownership Program, Workperks colleague discounts, Refer a Friend bonus program, Employee Family Assistance Program
- Eligibility for Annual Bonus Plan and Yearly Salary Increases
- Opportunities for career growth
- Comprehensive training
We have been recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 Employers, Best Diversity Employers, and Top Employers for Young People!
All we need to continue our success is you!
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.