Ahlul-Bayt Islamic School is currently seeking a qualified full-time Math and Science teacher for grades 7 and 8 and encourage you to apply.
Please apply if you:
1. Are already entitled to legally work in Canada, and
2. Already live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, or able to relocate on your own without any assistance from the school.
We are a private, not-for-profit Kindergarten to grade Nine school, operating since 2002, located in Ottawa, with about 160 students population.
The school, comprising of students, teachers and parents, promotes spiritual and moral values that are consistent with those in the Canadian society. Ahlul-Bayt Islamic School offers a curriculum that meets and goes beyond the Ontario Ministry of Education academic goals and standards.Year after year, the school has consistently surpassed the EQAO testing standards in Reading, Writing & Mathematics in comparison to the Ontario provincial schools average.
For more information, please visit our website: www.abischool.com
Responsibilities and Duties
The teacher will be responsible for performing the duties of a homeroom teacher, performing daily and rotational routine supervision duties, and other teaching or supervision duties.
Teachers are expected to follow our published dress code policy.
- For female teachers, that includes wearing head covering (a scarf or hijab) and long sleeves. This is in keeping with the teachings of Islam. The school reimburses teachers for the purchase of two hijabs per year.
- Muslim and are non-Muslim teachers on staff must follow the dress code whenever they are on school-related duties.
Please review the dress code policy which is posted on the school's website in the Teachers' section.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be mature, follow school rules, and an effective team member
- Be university or college graduates from an accredited institution
- Be fluent English language speakers; French and Arabic are a plus
- Meet professional teacher education requirements, or be a member of Ontario college of teachers (OCT)
Teaching experience is a plus.
Providing an original Canadian criminal record check report may be required.
Our teachers sign 10-months contracts. Salary for this position depends on the selected applicant's educational qualification, certifications, and relevant experience.
The school offer some additional benefits including:
- Potential performance bonuses paid to qualified teachers towards the end of the school year and salaries increase annually
- Optional medical coverage (drugs, dental, life insurance, etc..) with cost sharing by the Employer (70% paid by the school).
- 1 fully paid sick/personal day for every month on contract (reimbursed if not taken).
- In addition to the recognized statutory holidays, the school offers 4-5 paid days as per the Islamic Calendar.
Ahlul-Bayt Islamic school also offers low teacher/students ratio which allows the teacher to have a better focus and a more reasonable workload and a sense of community that you get in smaller community schools.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $3,000.00 to $4,000.00 /month
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- National Capital Region, ON (Required)
- OCT, or other educational designation (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)