Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Manager, Process Transformation – Canadian Business Banking (15 Month Contract)
The Senior Manager Process Transformation is responsible for leading process, policy and various projects that will help transform the Commercial Bank in Canada. You will work with cross-functional teams across the bank to conceptualize, define and implement key initiatives that improves user experience and make business banking simpler for our customers. The Senior Manager Process Transformation will lead and provide support on strategic initiatives; ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget to support the business transformation strategy.
- This is a 15 Month Contract position working full time hours.
- A hybrid work opportunity can be considered.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify pain points in the current state journeys and map out the desired future state
- Provide subject matter expert advice and solutions to Senior Management Team to optimize and drive business performance, provide superior client experience, and to execute transformational initiatives
- Develop and execute project roadmaps and play a key role in the design, coordination and implementation of tools that spans across front, mid and back office functions. Ensure successful execution by:
o Utilizing agile project and program methodology to ensure the project is completed as agreed against a background of constantly changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
o Supporting key activities and project members to ensure all phases are adhering to project schedules and budgets
o Driving the operating framework for the overall program to keep individual working teams aligned
o Effectively communicating the scope and anticipated outcomes and deliverables to all project stakeholders.
o Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside Commercial Banking to ensure timely execution of all program components
o Conducting external research, field observations and keeping abreast of competitor positions and changing market influences
o Developing unique approaches and customized solutions for business banking customers
o Identifying enabling technology needs and solutions and related training needs
- Supporting the communication strategy and change management effort to communicate changes in current workflow processes, disciplines and systems that support the ongoing development and implementation of the workflow automation tool by establish reporting mechanisms to track and monitor progress and metrics to measure success
- Drive the execution of stakeholder approved process improvements. Engage stakeholders in implementation and contribute to the creation of change management, communication, training requirements and sustainment plans. In fulfilling the role, the incumbent will be working closely with Commercial Bankers, as well as, various internal Partners including but not limited to: Shared Services Group/Business Service Centre, Global Business Payments, Global Risk Management, and IT&S.
- Lead cross-functional teams, without direct authority, and ensure effective deployment of resources by:
o Ensuring that expectations, accountabilities, objectives and goals are effectively communicated
o Build team competence with partner support and endorsement
o Timely communication to multiple stakeholders on progress and issues
o Resolving issues between team members/stakeholders to meet objectives / overcoming obstacles/guiding to alternatives, if required.
o Reporting to senior management the progress and escalating issues with recommendations and solutions to consider.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- Act as a resource for change initiatives impacting Commercial Bank processes by providing support and expertise as required.
- Negotiate priorities with the Director, but is expected to independently manage his/her own time in relation to meeting goals.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Coach team members and help with their development and desired outcomes as required
- Post-secondary education, BA or MBA is preferred
- Strong understanding of the Commercial Banking business lines including policies and processes, servicing models and products
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Banking strategy and business objectives
- Strong knowledge on a wide range of current market delivery segments and emerging technologies
- Prior experience working in large transformation projects as a SME or a Product Owner
- Strong organizational skills to co-ordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent projects
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to obtain agreement within Commercial Banking business lines and various Partners
- Through knowledge of Executive Office working environment including Partners and various business lines
- Through understanding of internal/external/Audit/Compliance procedures
- Strong project management experience including project planning and tracking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to engage stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation applications
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as required
- Ability to travel domestically as required
Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : St John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.