Job Description: Fidus is a dynamic high-tech design firm that specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. We provide a technical advantage to our global Clients ranging from tech giants to start-ups. We are looking for a Senior FPGA Designer (Contract) for San Diego location (onsite)
This is a great opportunity to be a key contributor on challenging projects (Virtual Reality, High-Res Video, High speed communications, High-Performance Computing FPGA Designs etc.) for F100/F500 companies, explore new industries, influence strategy, processes and culture. Lead in your area of expertise, influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps, all the while working with some of the biggest names in the Ottawa and Silicon Valley high tech industry.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win and is excited to apply their creative skills.
What’s in it for You?*
- Working with a Proudly Tier 1 High-Tech Design House at a Rapidly Expanding Industry: Fidus is pleased to provide customers with full end-to-end development solutions or more selective targeted engagements. Being a Xilinx Premier Design Services Member, Fidus has delivered more than 3000 projects for 300+ clients, from Tier-1 multinationals to SMEs to start-ups. Fidus is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with local design centers in Kitchener-Waterloo and San Jose.
- Join an Evolving Company: Make your voice heard and create the change you want to see. Be a leader/contributor on challenging projects, lead in your area of expertise influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps. Fidus is recognized for accelerating the product development cycle and optimizing system implementation for better cost, performance and power to our clients!
- Join During Rapid Growth Mode: With strong projections for 2021, you’re joining at an exciting time in Fidus history. Recognized as a trusted design partner, Fidus is dedicated to meeting customer expectations and develop long-term relationships with clients built on integrity, quality and open communications.
- Work with Cutting Edge Technology: Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Work on a variety of leading technologies, be part of a team that solves the hard problems that new technologies present. Our training, mentoring, and exposure to different types of projects allow Fidus engineers to become highly sought after experts, more quickly than in other environment. Exposure to various diverse industries and clients which means exciting new technologies.
What You'll Need for this Position: *
- 8+ years of experience designing using RTL/Verilog/VHDL on FPGAs.
- Experience with video systems and specification standards, video algorithms, and high-speed memory and bus interfaces, communications protocols, and DSP or processor instantiations
- Created designs using Xilinx or Altera FPGA families and have a solid understanding of tool flow
- Experience with Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL, Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus, and/or ModelSim
- RTL design and verification including test benches, functional simulations, and timing closure
- Exhibit strong communication skills, are fluent in English, have great customer interaction presence, and quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Proven techniques and habits that lead to high quality design
- Degree as a B.A.Sc., B.Eng. or equivalent
- As a Xilinx premier design partner, you will be certified to Xilinx’s highest level of FPGA qualification – this will be your first “to-do” item upon joining us
What You'll Be Doing: *
- Work with our clients and other Fidus Employees to develop complex FPGA and/or CPLD based systems, including architecture, custom development, integrated IP, simulations, and timing analysis and closure.
- Design FPGA based systems using Xilinx and Intel based devices and tools
- Participate in design reviews (hardware-software interface, input-outputs etc.) to ensure Fidus quality standards and customer requirements are being adhered to
- Perform lab testing, debug of prototypes and supporting hardware/software engineer, as needed
- Perform customer prototype demonstrations and author test plans, design description and user documentation
- Provide technical insight to customers during the pre-sales and implementation phase of projects
- Provide technical support to the Business Manager and Sales team by providing detailed estimates on project scope, schedule, and deliverables and to present the technical aspects of Fidus proposals to the client
With design center locations in Ottawa, Waterloo and San Jose, Fidus is a global leader and dynamic high-tech design firm*. Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our hardware, software, FPGA and signal integrity teams innovate, design and deliver next-generation products for clients in emerging technology markets.
Established in 2001, Fidus successfully completed over 3,000 projects for over 300 customers by serving diverse clientele at such industries as Telecom/Datacom, Aerospace and Defence, Consumer, Semiconductors, Industrial/Automotive Controls, Medical etc. Being the inaugural Xilinx Premier North American Design Services member means that we have great FPGA designers with leading edge expertise and we solve some of the customers toughest design challenges.
Believing that Fidus employees are the most important resource we have to offer, Fidus aims to always challenge their employees to be the best that they can be. We are proud of the operating culture that is maintained as well as our fantastic employee retention. With a reputation known for relentlessly providing expert service and knowledge into the different markets that we serve with emerging technology and inventions - overachieving is how things are done.
Fidus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer*_.
12+ Month Contract
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations