EMPLOYMENT AT A REMOTE FLY IN FISHING LODGE
Consider a summer job at a remote fly in fishing lodge. The advantages are numerous, making long lasting friendships and enjoying the outdoors in a beautiful remote Manitoba Canada, just to mention a couple. Each year we hire 5+ employees to attend to the needs of our guests. This allows us to give our guests the special attention they seek on their fishing vacation.
To ensure that we meet the individual needs of our guests, it is important that our staff members are mature, outgoing individuals who work hard, and can interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly and social way. An appreciation for the outdoors, a pleasing personality and positive attitude, self motivation are important traits we look for when hiring, as well as honesty and the ability to be a good team player. Lodge work involves long hours spent with our guests, but it is very rewarding. Flexibility comes into play often when dealing with the special needs of guests as mother nature, and whatever else comes along to change plans. Staff may be required to perform other tasks as needed from time to time. Staff dine on the same meals as the guests and mingling with the guests is encouraged.
Most employees arrive in late May, and our season runs through mid August. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, a resident of Canada or have permission to work in Canada and we prefer employees who can stay through end of season although we do hire those that must leave early due to college start dates. Compensation includes a salary, room and board, guest gratuities, guide fees, use of the lodge facilities and time for trophy fishing when available.
Your experience while working at Cobham River Lodge will build great memories and lifetime friendships. We hope your qualifications will bring you to our lodge as a member of our staff this upcoming season.
Cobham River Lodge is a full service fly-in fishing lodge located 376 air KM NE of Winnipeg, MB.
For information on Cobham River Lodge, visit our website: https://fishingmanitoba.com
NOW HIRING FOR THE 2019 SEASON
Boat Dock Hand / Grounds Crew
The outside staff at Cobham River Lodge is a key role in building a strong relationship with our guests. You are responsible for providing an unparalleled guest experience throughout each guest’s stay. This job requires attention to detail and our ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of what drives guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Loading/unloading luggage/supplies from float planes
- Greeting guests on arrival/departure from our dock
- Cleaning of guest’s boat
- Making of the daily shore lunch
- Guide guests upon request
- Upkeep of property, boats, motors, inventory, and facilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interactive skills (Guest interaction)
- Good physical stamina and the ability to lift and service boat motors
- Must be Canadian Citizen or have immediate authorization to work in Canada
- Must be able to pass background check
- Be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision
- Basic first aid training
- Boating skills
- Waterway navigation
- Outdoor cooking
- CPR/First aid training
- Fish cleaning
- Fishing guide
- Outboard engine repair
- Boat maintenance
- Free use of laundry facilities
- Free WIFI
- Free use of staff boat – we encourage you to catch trophy fish during your off time
- Air transportation to and from the lodge from the Bissett, Manitoba seaplane base
Be prepared to work 7 days per week (Many half days off for personal time)
Applicant must be available for the entire season from approximately mid-May to late July - early August depending on bookings.
Salary: $2,200.00 per month plus gratuities and $400.00 per month bonus
Compensation includes room and board with salary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,100.00 to $2,600.00 /month
- Boating: 1 year (Required)
- Fish Processing: 1 year (Required)
- previous lodge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Basic First Aid (Preferred)