Rosedale Academy is looking for experienced intermediate/senior Ontario Certified Teachers to grade Rosedale's OSSD Courses on a Full-Time basis. All subject area teachers are welcome to apply.
Expected full-time start date: August 2021
Under the direction of the Academic Manager, you will:
- Assess and evaluate students learning and provide descriptive feedback for projects, assignments, tests and exams in required turnaround time; respond to student inquiries and provide assistance to students throughout the course.
- Collaborate and communicate with overseas Classroom Teachers and Administrators.
- Build positive relationships with students and manage the online learning community effectively; maintain good student discipline; support the discipline standards and rules of Rosedale Academy; and respect the values, cultural differences and expectations of the students and their community.
- Enter grades into Maplewood and complete student report cards in the required turn-around time.
- Complete other academic-related projects as needed
Benefits of Working with Rosedale Academy:
- Explore the growing field of online teaching and learning
- Receive training on advanced education technologies and platforms
- Develop your skills in curriculum development, teacher training and educational administration
- Flexibility on working from home
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Qualifications and Requirements:
- OCT certified
- Teaching certification in Intermediate & Senior Divisions
- Minimum 1 year of experience teaching in Ontario
- University degree – Bachelor’s or Masters
- Familiarity with educational technologies (Microsoft Office, Moodle familiarity is an asset)
- Interest or experience working with international students
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passionate about teaching through technology
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management to handle multiple deadlines and tight turnaround times.
Compensation: Annual compensation will be based on qualifications and experience
Work Hours: 5 days/week, 8am-4pm (flexible hours).
Work Location (with option to work remotely from home): 7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 5J2
In your resume & cover letter, please include the following:
- note the specific OSSD subjects you have experience teaching/grading
- include your OCT number
Who is Rosedale Academy?
Founded in June 2014 and powered from a centralized hub in Toronto (Ontario, Canada), Rosedale Academy is an independent global high school (BSID #668726) operated by Rosedale International Education Inc. Our academic offerings are rigorous, stimulating and transformative, fostering both intellectual and personal development in our students. Rosedale’s global high school program provides the perfect blend of world-class online education and in-person campus learning.
For additional information, please visit www.rosedaleacademy.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Work from home