Duties and responsibilities:
At SaskAbilities we treat people with respect, compassion and honesty. Our programs and services are person centred,
goal oriented and accountable. We value teamwork, excellence and innovation. Reporting to the Rehabilitation Services
Coordinator, the Orthopaedic Stock Clerk is responsible for all aspects involved in managing the Orthopaedics program
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining vendor quotes, creating purchase orders and place orders with vendors for products to maintain appropriate
levels of stock inventory and consumable items, and to fill custom client orders.
- Ensuring accurate coding of all department expenditures.
- Monitoring minimum/maximum stock levels and reorder points, and maintaining a bar code scanning system for all
items kept in inventory.
- Receiving inventory; identify shipment discrepancies and document on packing slips; unpack shipments and re-stock
- Preparing monthly inventory valuation reports and coordinate quarterly inventory counts including scheduling with
departments, preparing count sheets, reconciling counts and investigating variances.
- Completing necessary documentation for credit adjustments and warranty repairs; arrange return of unsuitable
products to suppliers.
- Adhere to SaskAbilities, mission, vision and values.
Education and experience
- Grade 12
- Post-secondary training (diploma or certificate) in accounting, inventory management, or purchasing
- Minimum 6 months experience providing excellent customer service in busy office environment; medical office
experience an asset
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills with proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel Word; experience with Microsoft
GP an asset
- Basic knowledge of inventory control principles and accounting practices
- Good customer service skills for dealing with suppliers, patients, staff
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Pay Class 13 (range of $20.47 to $25.24 per hour) plus benefit package
When applying, please include competition number 2021-61-PFR-60 and position title in the subject line of all
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Lynne Mault, Rehabilitation Services Coordinator
SaskAbilities, Provincial Services, 2310 Louise Avenue Saskatoon, SK S7J 2C7
(306) 385-7217 Fax: (306) 373-2665
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.