Position Title: Waste Technician / Class 3 Driver
Reports to: Waste Technician Lead Hand and Facility Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor and Waste Technician Lead Hand must enjoy working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Be able to follow verbal instructions well, work with dangerous goods and be able to operate small to mid-size equipment.
Applicant must have:
- 2 years commercial truck driving experience
- Class 3 drivers licence with air endorsement
- Commercial drivers abstract
- Able to assist in the loading and unloading of the truck
- Handle required freight documents /Manifests
- Able to complete other tasks between driving days
- Competitive wages
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying, handling and preparing waste in accordance with legislation and TDG regulations;
- Providing great customer interactions, both at KBL and while representing KBL;
- Completing customer pick ups and drop offs;
- Completing equipment inspections and doing daily maintenance as needed to ensure safe operations of equipment;
- Filling out load sheets and load inventories;
- Loading and unloading trailers and customer drop offs;
- Ensure Safe Work Practices (SWP’s), follow Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), reporting near misses and all incidents to Supervisor;
- Using visual aids to maintain tidiness of the facility and yard to ensure compliance;
- Filling out consolidation reports for all consolidation; and
- Ability to use computer to produce paperwork for facility when needed.
Tools, Systems, Equipment and Machinery:
- Small loader;
- Pallet jack;
- Various types of processing equipment; and
- Various hand tools.
Operators must be physically fit and able to access critical pieces of the machinery, including entering/exiting trailer boxes. Drivers may be required to install tire chains, and complete physical tasks inside truck box. Drivers must be able to lift and handle up to 100 lbs.
There can be exposure to chemicals, dust, noise, water, smoke, and bacteria;(appropriate PPE supplied);
- Working indoors and out sometimes in extreme weather in winter months;
- Exposure to wildlife; and
- Exposure to remote areas.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions;
- Must be physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions;
- WHMIS Certification – KBL will provide training;
- TDG Certification – KBL will provide training;
- Due to possible exposure immunizations are recommended; and
- Class 3 Drivers license is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commercial Truck Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Whitehorse, YT (Preferred)
- Class 3 Drivers License (Preferred)