Big Brothers Big Sisters is currently looking for caring, responsible people to become volunteer mentors to guide children and youth (ages 6-16) in Welland
This minimal time investment will have a lifetime impact on a child. A little time can make a BIG difference.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain regular dialogue with program staff at BBBS throughout the match.
- Be a friend and role model to their mentee, and maintain contact on a regular and consistent basis.
- Place primary importance upon the protection and wellbeing of children and youth.
- Provide a role model and a friend for girls, boys and young men and women.
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- Instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking. And above all, make a difference while having fun.
- 18 years +
- Police check and vulnerable sector required
- Able to commit for one year
- Successfully complete each phase of the Agency’s enrollment process
- Participate in PreMatch Training administered by Big Brothers Big Sisters
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer