Important: We are looking for a candidate already living in the Greater Montreal region. Able to commute to our offices. This is not a remote working job offer.
Lexop is on the lookout for a passionate English content writer to join our marketing team.
As a growing fintech (financial technology) startup, we’re seeking a talented writer to create marketing content including blog posts, website copy, promotional emails, product sheets, banner ads, presentations, etc. Most of the time, you will be in charge of writing articles for our blog, which entails working on topic generation and establishing a tone that is consistent and aligned with our brand.
The content you will be writing will focus on fintech and how it’s changing the debt collection industry. While experience in this area is not a requirement, we will expect you to wield your curious spirit to familiarize yourself with the topics you’ll be covering by doing the necessary research and asking questions. A thirst for knowledge paired with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly is a must!
If you’re interested in being a part of an exciting venture as a member of a collaborative team and expanding your skill set, there are a lot of opportunities at Lexop. We want to see our employees grow right along with us. It also doesn’t hurt that our work environment is friendly, welcoming, and offers all the fun perks of a startup!
Enterprise companies treat a colossal number of past-due accounts on a regular basis. Yet, current collection tactics often place undue and unnecessary pressure on customers already facing a stressful situation. That’s where we come in. Lexop is a software that helps companies to adopt a simpler, more digital and flexible approach to the collection of past-due accounts.We believe that adapting communications to the modern habits of customers and giving them the freedom to choose the payment type, timing, and pace that best fits their needs, makes for a more positive customer experience and incentivizes them to pay. This philosophy is the premise behind everything that we do.
You'll do stuff like:
- Develop and implement marketing content including blogs, website copy, press releases, promotional emails, product sheets, advertising, presentations, etc.
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming.
- Build a deep understanding of our target audiences and use it to inform your content.
- Support senior management and other departments in writing and editing documents.
- Ensure that all content material reflects Lexop’s tone, values, and quality standards.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent English writing skills (business-oriented)
- Ability to present complex information in a concise and accessible way
- Autonomy and a high sense of organization
- Excellent creative writing
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- An understanding of online copywriting
- Ability to handle assigned tasks effectively
- Self-driven, self-motivated with a positive mindset to succeed
It'd be great if you also had:
- Knowledge of the debt collection industry
- Knowledge of the fintech environment
- Knowledge of B2B SaaS
- Ability in search engine optimization (SEO)
- Hands-on experience with using WordPress to publish
*Documents required to apply*
Resume, along with recent writing sample. A short sample (200 words) will be required based on a brief that will be provided.
What’s in it for you?
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Flex hours and periodic work from home options
- 4 weeks of vacation (2 weeks + holiday season)
- Paid sick days
- Great office space*
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Free meals and fully stocked kitchen (fresh fruits, snacks, coffee, GURU, beers, etc.)
- Competitive salary and up to 10% yearly bonus
*Located in the heart of Old-Montreal, our office covers entire last floor of a beautiful heritage building, 1 min walking distance from Square-Victoria Metro station.
If this speaks to you, please apply.
Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Type: Full-time