For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Life & Health Insurer of the Year for 2021 and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health solutions partner with over 7,700 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Business Analyst L4
Full Time Permanent
New Brunswick- Remote Opportunity available
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in Client Solutions! Are you collaborative, self-motivated, adaptable, and innovative? Do you have a passion for working with cutting edge technology and teams of great people? If so, this might be the opportunity for you!
Client Solutions is a part of Medavie Operations. Operations sets up and administers new group and individual insurance policies, handles the analysis and payment of insurance claims, and manages customer service for our clients.
As a Business Analyst, you will work on new and complex projects in collaboration with groups throughout our organization to make the work performed within the above-stated scope of Operations happen more effectively. You will work with business leaders and cross functional groups across the organization to formulate business cases that include solid ROI data for projects focused on improving user experience to drive higher net promoter scores.
As Business Analyst, Key Responsibilities Include:
- Building relationships across the organization to facilitate collaboration and problem solving
- Working constructively with cross functional teams to understand the needs of the business
- Being a liaison between operations, finance, sales, marketing, and IT
- Gathering and providing analysis of data from various functions within operations to support project initiatives
- Creating business cases to drive implementation of projects to meet business needs with a strong focus on ROI in collaboration with finance
- Thinking creatively with others to continue our organization’s history as a market leader
- Using business knowledge to steer the implementation of effective processes in operations
- Promoting a strong focus on creating a positive user experience for clients of Medavie
- Working with operational teams to streamline and align business processes
- Preparing documentation and proposals
- Presenting to various functions and levels within the organization
- Creation of training and implementation materials
- Facilitating and leading workshops to find solutions that drive Medavie operations to be a competitive market leader
- Demonstrating effective communication skills that can be adapted target different audiences and persuade groups
- Coordinating UAT cycles, reviewing and prioritizing assigned defects
- Creating and executing the completion of test cases for projects, system releases and new initiatives
- Organizing and assigning testing duties to teams of subject matter experts assigned to assist with testing as needed according to the scope of the cycle
Organization and Time Management
- Managing deliverables and schedules independently to ensure projects are completed within established timeframes
Business Analyst Key Qualifications:
- College diploma, bachelor's degree, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional relationship building and collaboration skills with a proven track record of maintaining positive, professional business relations to achieve recognition, confidence, and respect as a “trusted advisor”
- Experience in writing business cases and in gathering data to formulate ROIs would be an asset
- Experience in the insurance industry would be an asset
- Adaptable, able to handle change and capable of organizing multiple initiative streams in parallel while meeting deadlines
- Progressive technical knowledge, and an interest in leveraging cutting edge tech like AI, cloud-based systems and SaaS to create efficiencies and solve business problems
- Previous facilitation experience with small to large groups of professionals is essential
- Experience with data systems such as PowerBI, Tableau and Alteryx would be an asset
- Experience with ALM and Jira would be an asset
- Demonstrated project management skills with respect to managing client expectations, resource coordination and task management with teams of subject matter experts
- Experience in working in agile project management would be an asset
- Bilingualism would be an asset
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Project Manager, User Experience, Claims, Technology, Finance, Insurance