WHO WE ARE | THE COMPANY
Fednav, headquartered in Montreal, is the largest ocean-going ship owning and chartering group in Canada engaged in ocean transportation of mainly bulk cargoes on a worldwide basis. With 75 years of experience and expertise, we are a driven, innovative, and respected organization committed to our employees and customers.
We are currently looking for an Application Specialist, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to take ownership of the Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial modules of Fednav’s current and future systems. Fednav is embarking on a business and digital transformation. As such, Fednav’s application landscape will be going through significant changes throughout the coming years. Migrating from on-prem legacy systems to fully cloud managed solutions will require a new focused approach and managed approach to application support.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING | THE ROLE
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the Workday system expert for HCM
- Define, design, build and execute business needs on Workday
- Support the Manager, Enterprise Applications with business engagement
- Ensure the maintenance of Fednav’s Workday account, permissions and licenses, respecting a secure and optimized utilization.
- Configuration and change management ownership of updates and any form of change requests by business stakeholders For Workday
- Participation in the Workday implementation project
- Participation in the ERP-FIN (System TBD) implementation project, noting that the migration will happen between the chosen system and the current legacy Oracle EBS
WHAT YOU BRING | THE PERSON
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor or Technical degree in Information Technology, Computing Science or related Engineering field.
- Minimum of 6 years in application management or similar system administration role.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing system updates, from Test procedure write-ups to development environment validation to in-production deployment.
- Experience with Workday deployments is considered a real asset.
- Good technical understanding of back-up and resilience solutions and processes.
- Expertise in building business solutions and configurations within Workday
- Understanding of the Oracle EBS modules, preferred
- Focused, detail oriented, with excellent planning skills
- Ability to properly document processes, procedures and testing protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability of being at ease in difficult situations.
- Advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task and consider yourself a self-starter
- Great communication and customer service skills and proven ability to deal with users at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to simplify technical concepts using user-friendly language
- Bilinguism, English and French
Honesty, integrity, and a respect toward community and environment define our values.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent