Flatout Flooring is a family-owned and operated flooring company based in London, Ontario. Flatout has been in business for over 15 years and are a leader in both the residential and commercial flooring industry with multiple projects ongoing across Canada.
About the Position:
We are looking for a full-time professional and experienced Tile Installer to join our in-house team of floor technicians as an employee.
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools.
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels.
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise.
- Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly.
- Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in various spaces.
- Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles.
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles.
- Follow blueprints/drawings precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Benefits: Full benefits after 3 months of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you a person with a disability and require accommodation during the process, please contact Ola Butryn at 519-681-7771.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- installation: 2 years (Preferred)