If you’re looking for a unique role to contribute to the efforts of an entrepreneurial, industry driven organization and make a difference in the lives of many, then this exciting opportunity is for you!
Robertson College Edmonton is seeking a Health Unit Clerk Instructor
- Instruct and evaluate students in their area of specialty with approved materials.
- Develop an instructional plan (lesson plan) for the course(s) they teach and ensure that it meets college and department standards
- Plan lessons, assignments and tests where applicable
- Keep up-to-date with, and effectively use, relevant technology and media in classes.
- Assess students’ progress by grading papers, tests, and other work
- Track student attendance.
- Attend faculty/staff meetings and Professional Development Workshops
- Implement and adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties/participate in special projects as assigned.
- Act as a mentor for students by developing action plans to assist students in achieving their goals
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field
- Create dynamic and engaging classrooms to facilitate adult learners in achieving their learning objectives.
· Be available to problem solve all students and staff for questions and concerns daily
· Support and guide students in a positive learning environment on duties and responsibilities of a HCA
· Monitor students skill on assigned tasks while out on practicum
· Complete bi-weekly report on students and their progress
· Collaborate with the preceptor/staff in completing a final evaluation on the student’s practical performance
· Provide post conference weekly
· Facilitate on filling out practicum checklists
· Review final evaluations with each student
· Document in computer based program daily & record daily performance on students
· Must a minimum 3 to 5 years of Health Unit Clerk experience – or equivalent
· Current CPR and First Aide
· Confident and self- managing
· Efficient with strong organizational skills
· Dependable & punctual
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Effective and open communication
· Adaptable and flexible
· Multicultural sensitivity/awareness
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Sound knowledge in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
To Apply: please forward your cover letter and resume by January 10, 2019
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Robertson College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Part-time
- Health Unit Clerk: 3 years (Preferred)