Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit community services agency. Since 1976, we have provided community support, home and personal health care services in a holistic manner to seniors, individuals with disabilities, and those with medical needs in the Greater Toronto, York, and Mississauga regions.
With a staff of 500 members (including full-time and part-time staff) and the help of a pool of 850 active volunteers, we serve over 15,000 clients a year, including seniors and the physically disabled; 3,000 of whom are "home-bound" and frail.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Contract Administrative Coordinator to join our Home Care team.
Term: 6 month contract
- Perform daily scheduling of a large number of home care workers (personal support workers, home helpers, care attendants) for home care service for a specific geographic area
- Troubleshoot any scheduling changes and/or conflicts in a timely manner
- Assign home care workers to client cases based on suitability, skills, and geographic location
- Manage and update service delivery schedules to ensure no missed care; maintain waitlist, and report on service statistics
- Create and maintain client files and records, document all service changes, client and caregiver request, and funder’s request accurately
- Answer enquiries from and communicate with clients and/or their families, home care workers, and partner organizations
- Collect and verify worker timesheets
- Diploma in Business/Office administration or equivalent
- 3 years of experience working with seniors or in a customer service setting
- Strong customer service, communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, and database applications (CIMS) an asset
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving abilities, with ability to manage high volume of work and to multitask
- Fluent in English and a second language that reflects the community served such as Cantonese and/or Mandarin, is an asset
- A valid vulnerable sector police record check completed within one year
Carefirst is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-11-16
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Cantonese (preferred)
- Mandarin (preferred)