The Langley Memorial Hospital Physician Association is comprised of the physicians, dentists, and midwives who hold a permit to practice in the facilities and programs operated by Langley Memorial Hospital, and who have been appointed to the Medical Staff. Currently, there are approximately 160 members with Active, Associate or Provisional Privileges.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant, Facility Engagement/MSA
Reports To: Program Manager, Langley Memorial Hospital Physician Association
Hours: 20 hours/week (Contract job)
Salary Range: $25 - $35 per hour
Reporting to the Program/Project Manager, this position provides administrative support to the Executive and for activities and projects of the LMHPA and MSA. This role is responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day office administrative functions. This includes but is not limited to supporting the Executive with administrative functions, preparing correspondence, communications, taking minutes of meetings, organizing logistics, and ensuring administrative requirements are provided effectively and efficiently. This role will also ensure coordination, communication, and follow up occurs in collaboration with other team members.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Provides executive assistance to the Executive, including managing correspondence, calendar, and document management.
· Answers and responds to inquiries through multiple methods such as phone, email, social media, etc. Screens and prioritizes incoming requests and inquiries.
· Coordinates and schedules required meetings/events for LMHPA & MSA and arranges all logistics required including venue, meals, resources, IT equipment, room set up, and preparation of materials.
· Maintains records and files in accordance with privacy legislation.
· Develops and maintains tracking systems; conducts follow up on action items from meetings.
· Provides administrative support in meetings of MSA and meetings of Executive, including preparation of meeting packages, agendas, briefing and discussion documents, and minute taking.
· Builds strong relationships and collaborates with team members, physicians and other key stakeholders as required.
· Handles enquiries from physicians or health authorities in an efficient and courteous manner, providing explanations and/or redirecting, as appropriate.
· Takes the initiative to anticipate, assist, recommend, develop, and maintain office processes and infrastructure that support program activities.
· Supports and optimizes member information database and communications (newsletter and website)
· Coordinates and maintains records payments to vendors and physicians and MSA dues
· Liaises with the bookkeeper for CRA deductions
· Orders and maintains supplies and equipment as needed; runs errands as required.
· Will require to attend some early mornings and/or evening meetings
Skills and Qualifications
· High school graduation supplemented by business and/or secretarial courses equivalent to up to one year of study with at least 3-5 years related experience.
· MS Office suite, Outlook, Excel (high level), Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint an asset.
· Working knowledge of project management platforms, zoom, and mailchimp is an asset.
· Strong minute taking and transcribing skills.
· Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise, and comprehensive reports and correspondence.
· Ability to effectively organize multiple meetings.
· Organized, resourceful and efficient with an outstanding attention to detail.
· Able to accurately account and track claims and financial transactions.
· Ability to set-up and maintain electronic and paper files.
· Strong interpersonal, oral communication and relationship skills.
· Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues, and determining action required
· Capable of working under pressure and deadlines.
· Proven ability to multi-task, as the position requires flexibility and adaptability.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as needed but also as an important member of the team.
Contract length: 24 months
Application deadline: 2021-12-08
Expected start date: 2021-12-08
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19