We are looking for a Proposal Analyst I to join our team!
Plans and schedules proposal efforts. Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposalsin accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost,scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments. Researches and analyzes historical data,develops cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings.Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives. Participates as amember of the contract negotiating team. You will be responsible for the following deliverables into a proposal cost volume: Priced Bill of Materials, Maintaining compliance with IDS policies and RFP requirements, supporting documentation including quotes, purchase order history and companywide agreements, creating material basis of estimate, and developing compliant price analyses for TINA compliant proposals.
- Analyzing quotes upon receipt in order to ensure compliance to government regulations, public law, and Raytheon policies/procedures.
- Developing labor estimates for all applicable functions
- Compiling and analyzing supplier and other available data in order to perform comprehensive price analyses
- Developing material, labor and other BOE’s based upon estimates
- Clearly identifying assumptions and dependencies used in price build-ups
- Conducting TINA Sweeps and creating cost and pricing data
- Participating in audits with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) / Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Using processes and tools that result in compliant, quality pricing and estimating
- The analyst’s work will have a direct impact on Raytheon’s competitive posture in the defense market and customer satisfaction. For these reasons a background in, estimating and pricing, or a strong analytical skillset are preferred.
- Travel may be required to support.
Requirements & Key Competencies we are seeking:
- Experience within manufacturing industry required.
- Experience with estimating and pricing, proposal pricing, basis of estimates, and financial analysis required.
- Ability to multitask & work well under pressure in dynamic environment
- Demonstrate self-starting, proactive characteristics including the ability to work with limited supervision and take ownership for work scope
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoys working on a team
- Ability to resolve conflicts and problems quickly and effectively while maintaining independence and ethical behavior
- Ability to work collaboratively, open to sharing ideas and listening to others, open to new ways to drive improvements
- Knowledge of proposed cost elements: labor, material, ODC, direct and indirect rates and factors, profit, etc.
- Candidate should have an acute attention to detail for estimate development and review.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Familiarity with the Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite, with demonstrated expertise in MS Excel
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
Only Applicants that meet the qualifications in the posting will be interviewed for the position.
Job Type: Full-time