Harbour Landing Village is a community unlike any other, blending generations and care disciplines to create unique and innovative experiences for our residents, children and customers alike in an environment that values diversity and individuality. Our ever-evolving village creates an opportunity for members of our team to work with our residents in a person-centered culture in a fast-paced environment
Reporting to the Director of Community Living and Community Inclusion Coordinator, the Support Worker for Adult Inclusion creates an open and inclusive environment with the Aspen Trail residents that we support.
The support worker provides direct support in a manner that is consistent with HLV philosophy and personalized support plans.
Your role will include working with young adults with varying level of physical and cognitive ability. The position requires shift flexibility, requiring at times the needs to work evenings and nights and to be You will be required to accompany, and participate where appropriate, in various activities with the young adults that range from swimming to going to and attending social events.
The primary duties of this role include:
- Provides direct support to Young Adults relevant to their personal plans
- Provide a nurturing atmosphere for all residents connected to the Aspen Trail care area.
- Monitor individual's health concerns and emergencies
- Meal planning and preparation
- Managing and administering medications
- Housekeeping and home maintenance
- Planning and implementing leisure activities
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings, support training and supervision
- Communicate effectively with the individual's families, management and other support service representatives
- Assume any additional Responsibilities as directed by the manager and coordinator.
- A successful candidate will have experience working with individuals who have intellectual/physical disabilities
- Have related post-secondary education in related field and or acceptable combination of experience with the vulnerable sector and or other education
- Good communication skills, can work independently, be organized, self-motivated, patient and be able to respond effectively and appropriately in stressful situations
- Maintaining valid CPR and First aid
- Gentle Teaching I (II,III in time), Mandt or PART, CPP&SP (In time)
- Person Centred Thinking
- Experience with Gastronomy Tube Feeding
- Transfer, Lifts and Repositioning
- Must be dependable, creative, proactive, Self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to problem solve in stressful situations
- A clean vulnerable sector criminal record check will be required as part of the overall requirements for this position.
- This position will require the candidate to be physically fit, and able to lift heavy objects either on their own or with another support, and be able to operate mechanical lifts and other devices required to support and transport individuals who may not be able to physically move on their own.
- This position requires significant time standing, walking, and activity over the course of an 8 hour work day.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter referencing "Support Worker" in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
- support work: 1 year (Preferred)