OVERVIEW: The Technical Service Technician will be primarily involved with providing telephonic support, regarding the service, repair and preventative maintenance of Handicare products throughout the U.S. In addition, this role will assist & train the dealers on the installation and troubleshooting of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide telephonic support (75%) in the North American technical phone and email queues.
- Provide dealer support (25%) through on-site service.
- Troubleshooting of electrical circuitry of products.
- Assist and provide problem solving solutions to technicians over the phone.
- Record call transactions and problem histories (CRM).
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to clients.
- Interact with clients to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, products and services.
- Support all product lines - ceiling lifts, floor lifts, stair lifts, photosurvey, etc.
- Provide assistance to first time installs for dealers installing a custom stair lift for 1st time (with management approval).
- On-call responsibilities on a rotating weekly basis.
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required by management.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Read blueprints and architectural drawings.
- Proven field service experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing working schedules as required
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Incorporates a process improvement mentality
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 to 5 years of related experience and or training; preferably in building construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing methods.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Proficiency in Windows applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Proficiency in ERP software, preferably in Microsoft Dynamics (AX12).
- The employee may frequently stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel or crouch during shift. Employee will be required to regularly use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to regularly lift, push, pull and or move up to 50 lbs.
- This position works in an environment with loud noise levels. This position may frequently work near moving parts, be exposed to vibration and be exposed to airborne particles & dust.
- This position may travel up to 25% of the time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program