Atlantic Packaging is the largest privately owned and fully integrated corrugated packaging company in Canada with over 75 years of innovation and tradition, with over 1,500 people and 12 locations including plants and paper mills across Ontario and the U.S. Atlantic provides customers with a total packaging solution through its key business divisions which include: Corrugated and Colour Packaging, Recycled Paper Mills, Retail Packaging and Displays, Paper Bag Products, Supply and Inventory Management and Recycling. Other Atlantic strategic partners including Mitchel-Lincoln based in Montreal, Quebec; The Standfast Group based in Carol Stream, Illinois; Blackhawk Corrugated based in Carol Stream, Illinois; Skybox Packaging based in Mansfield, Ohio; and Champion Container Corporation based in Wood Dale, Illinois. For more information on Atlantic Packaging, please visit www.atlantic.ca.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of production equipment for the manufacturing of high quality corrugated products.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of production equipment and following safe work procedures
- Reporting safety hazards or production/quality issues immediately to the supervisor
- Assist in the set up and monitoring of production equipment to meet production targets and satisfy customer requirements
- Perform routine quality checks and complete quality checklist reporting and correcting any non conformances
- Track and accurately complete production log sheet
- Assist equipment change overs and equipment start up
- Stack, sort and re-pile units as required, affixing load tags to units
- Follow food safety protocols and ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in work area
- Follow Company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience operating various types of machinery within a high volume production environment is considered an asset
- Forklift experience / certification a definite asset
- Capable of performing the physical demands associated with the position and carrying / handling up to 50 lbs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work a weekly 8 hour shift rotation schedule which includes night, afternoon and day shifts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.97 per hour
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
Atlantic has implemented all safety protocols recommended by Peel Public Health and provides employees with all PPE including non surgical masks, face shields and gloves. The company has also implemented a strict daily sanitation program.
- manufacturing or warehousing: 1 year (Preferred)