Position Title: Construction Labourer (Multiple Positions)
Position Location: Kitimat, BC
Type: Full Time
Western Industrial Contractors is general contracting firm that offers a complete range of pre-construction and construction services. Western Industrial Contractors prides itself on its commitment to employee welfare and client satisfaction; its performance with regard to safety, scheduling and end cost; its expanding resume of international projects; and its commitment to quality.
We are looking for construction labourers to work day shift positions. Labourers will be responsible for providing support for construction related activities on multiple worksites.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks on the labour crew to support various projects
- Provide general clean up and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of work area
- Ensures that work is completed during regular hours
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, log and report any maintenance concerns with the equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to manage equipment, and labour in order to foresee work planning needs and requirements
- Engage and participate in Western Industrial Contractors safety policies and procedures
- Working around and acting as a spotter for heavy equipment
- Minimum 3 years on various construction sites.
- Experience with earthwork experience is an asset
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Strong communication skills and a safety conscious attitude
- Ability to maintain a professional and helpful attitude at all times
- Valid driver’s license.
- Equipment operation certificates considered an asset (forklift, man lift, air brakes endorsement, skid steer, etc.)
- WHMIS 2015
- Level 1 first aid considered an asset
- EWP certification considered an asset
Some Positions Require: Please Highlight on your resume if you have the following.
- Earthwork Experience
- Elevated Work Platform Certification
Job Type: Full-time
- carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)