Farmers Business Network (FBN) is a rapidly growing data and commerce platform for farmers. FBN brings data science, machine learning, and peer-to-peer networking to agriculture. We’re creating the fastest-growing network of farmers in North America, who in turn have already built the largest geospatial farm dataset - thirty million acres worth (and still growing). The data have proved to be incredibly potent and farmers have asked for other ways FBN can be an independent and unbiased business partner to their farms.
FBN works by gathering disparate data directly from its farmer members, then analyzes the data and converts it into insights and perspectives that can help farmers make better decisions, manage risk and ultimately increase the profitability of their farming operations. FBN uses this information to empower farmers by creating network and data driven commerce opportunities for farmers that save them money on inputs, capital and marketing.
FBN is an advocate for the farmer and was created by farmers, for farmers. We are proudly Farmers FirstTM. We are well-capitalized by leading venture capital firms, including Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins. Our work culture is dynamic and non-hierarchical.
FBN is the fastest growing input commerce platform serving Canadian farmers, providing crop protection products, seed, seed treatments, fertilizers, and a variety of other crop inputs directly to farmers. FBN offers an industry-changing, independent and unbiased way for farmers to purchase their crop inputs, at low cost, and through a seamless transaction process that delivers products directly to the farm.
The Head of Logistics, Canada is responsible for the transportation and order fulfillment operations within Canada. Critical responsibilities include daily operations oversight for order fulfillment as well as the development and execution of short and long term transportation strategies that will deliver the optimal service and cost efficiencies to support Farmers Business Network (FBN).
- Develop and actively manage a carrier portfolio and leverage critical truckload and less than truckload (LTL) transportation carrier relationships to deliver short and long-term business objectives
- Manage the order fulfillment function for pick pack and ship from FBN’s distribution hubs
- Lead efforts for continuous service level improvements, engaging all involved parties (internal and external).
- Proactively address cost drivers and aggressively eliminate variances and drive out waste to deliver value-creation.
- Provide direction and oversight to 3PL partners managing daily freight execution
- Partner with Customer Support, Customer Supply Chain and Distribution Operations and the business teams on strategic projects, providing transportation insights, subject matter expertise, and transportation solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to minimize service disruptions and ensure high performing supply chains are established and maintained.
- Stay abreast of industry/market conditions and trends and leverage industry resources and knowledge to provide insight, identify best practises and new technology to drive results
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory and DOT requirements. Partner with the EHS manager and legal team as needed.
- Work closely with Warehouse management teams and customer facing teams to ensure on-time delivery.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive Logistics and order fulfillment experience
- Proven leadership with the ability to influence and turn ideas into actions
- Strong carrier, customer or supplier management experience (including negotiation tactics and performance management)
- Experience with the development of forecasts/budgets, and managing operations against a forecast/budget.
- Must be self-motivated, and possess strong abilities to work seamlessly across functional boundaries
- Ability to monitor and report out on performance on daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Functional experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Familiarity with food transportation requirements will be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical and Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of Netsuite preferred
- Experience with HAZMAT strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 40% of time
- 3-5 years of Logistics and Supply chain management in a fast-past environment
- Experience building teams and managing cross functional relationships across multi-geographical locations
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred: degree or diploma in Agriculture, business, engineering, supply chain or logistics is ideal
Job Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain Management: 3 years (Required)