Permanent Full Time Position as Labourer, Sea - Can Unloader, Fast Pace Assembly Line Worker
Shanked Computer Recycling Inc. (SCRI) is an approved electronic recycler based in Acheson, Alberta(15 minutes away from Edmonton) and managed by the Alberta Recycling Management Authority. As the safety of our workers and visitors is paramount to us, we have attained COR (Certificate of Recognition), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications. We meet all applicable occupational health and safety standards, environmental laws and regulations, and we strive for continual improvements.
SCRI offers genuine safe, secure, and environmentally friendly recycling solutions for computers, televisions, printers and laptops. Our trusted employees and valued clients share the same philosophy: provide a better environment for future generations by “reducing our footprint bit by bit.”
Work Conditions (Work Site Environment: Some noise, some dust)
Repetitive Tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, good hand eye coordination with standing work bench
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, sit, hear, use hands and fingers, handle, feel and/or lift with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift 80 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Experience: Working in Fast-Paced Production Environment
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma
Language: Speak, Read and Write English
Weight Handling: Able to lift weights up to 45 kg
Own Equipment: Steel-Toe Safety Boots
Our Masks: We provide N95 Masks; Respirators are fitted for specific tasks
Transport: Own transport is required as there is only limited public transportation available.
- Adhere to safety protocols
- Unload/Empty/Sort 20 ft Sea-can containers full of eligible and ineligible electronic waste (e.g. microwaves, large television sets, vacuum cleaners, photocopiers)
- Ability to use small power tools to disassemble electronic materials (e.g. Printers, CPUs)
- Repetitive movements in using these power tools
- Sort, pack and crate materials and products.
- Assist machine operators and other workers, Work well in Team Environment
- Clean work areas and equipment. Perform other elemental activities.
- Dependability, Reliability, Punctuality
- Positive Attitude, Work Ethic
- Self Motivated, Proactive, Time Management skills
- Good listening and communication skills
Police Clearance required
Please note that only people invited for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Benefits: Health and Dental benefits (after 6 months)
Employee Perks: Two lunch meetings a month and friendly working atmosphere
How to apply:
Submit Cover Letter and Resumeto mike@ scri.ca or Indeed account
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- labour: 1 year (Preferred)