This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team in a growing, progressive firm.
Vanderluit + Associates Inc. is a well-established Chartered Professional Accountants firm. We provide assurance, accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients consisting of companies in the construction and professional services industries, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium privately-owned and owner-operated businesses. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver.
We have an opening for an Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a positive can-do attitude.
- Customer-oriented; a pleasant and a warm manner as you are often the client’s first point of contact.
- Detail oriented and someone who can “connect the dots”.
- Good language skills (spoken and written).
- A highly motivated individual who is looking to grow with the firm; public practice experience is an asset.
Reporting to the Partners and Manager, you will be working collaboratively with a dedicated team of accounting and administrative professionals. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for compiling client tax correspondence and financial statements. This is a busy role suitable for a highly detailed individual.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provide administrative assistance to the partners, managers, and staff; ensure the delivery of organized and effective confidential support and service including other ad-hoc business projects and assignments.
- Schedule internal / external meetings and appointments, phone calls, and day-to-day activities.
- Prepare monthly firm and staff reports;
- Ensure items needing immediate attention or are of a time sensitive nature are highlighted and brought to the managers’ attention.
- Follow through on critical or time-sensitive messages.
- Facilitate communications, information flow and working relationships between the partners, managers, and staff.
- Ensure accuracy in word processing of out-going correspondences.
- Prioritize and execute projects, with limited guidance, by taking initiative and exercising discretion and sound judgment with sensitivity to deadlines.
- Preparation of a variety of client letters, client tax information checklists, final packages (including but not limited to T1, T2, T3, T4 & T5), and e-filing tax returns/forms.
- Ensure filing deadlines are met.
- Ensure phone calls and visitors are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Manage priorities and required materials for appointments, meetings, conferences and coordinating all travel arrangements and other logistical details.
- Efficient use of MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong multi-tasking and time management abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Previous experience with Vohcom and Sharefile is an asset.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
We provide a competitive market salary, including extended health and dental benefits, professional development fees, membership dues, and a four-day work week in the summer.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent