The Warehouse Worker will be responsible for ensuring efficiency in the receiving and shipment of products. This position is responsible for the picking, loading and unloading of regular shipments, which may include heavy lifting, and the use of any necessary equipment. Other responsibilities include the inspection of products and the verifying of shipments.
- Prepare product for shipment, receiving, building pallet and wrapping
- Operate equipment as necessary, in a safe manner to move product
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Lifting cases of product and/or stock merchandise
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, deliveries and products
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands - significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. Ability to carry/lift 50 lbs.
- Working Conditions - Inside, Cold, freezing and dry.
- Repetitive Action- Significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity is required.
- Flexibility: Warehouse Workers might be asked to work on weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Experience in the grocery industry preferred
- 1-3 years working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment
Organic Garage is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (Preferred)