ABOUT THE COMPANY
Pollard Windows Inc. is a 100% owned and operated family business located in Burlington, Ontario. A proud Canadian manufacturer that is engaged in the design, development and marketing and selling of both windows and doors in Canada and the United States. Today, Pollard operates out of a 300,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing plant and are recognized as a leader in new and replacement window manufacturing.
Job Type: Permanent / Full-Time Employment
This position is eligible to join the company medical benefits plan after 3 months of continuous employment, and profit sharing plan after 1 year of employment.
Shift Time: Afternoons (Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. - 11:30pm)*
*Successful candidate must be able to train on day shift for 2 weeks (6:30am - 3:00pm)
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK THE OUTLINED SHIFT(s)
- 40.00 Hours per week + Opportunity for Overtime
- Wage raise after 6 months and 12 months of continuous employment, with opportunity for faster advancement based on job skill
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Workers must be able to follow instructions; read, write, and understand order forms and labels.
- Window order is picked and placed on the conveyor belt (assistance provided).
- Window extensions and plastic cappings are selected and inserted in place using a rubber mallet.
- Corners and reinforcement bars are picked and fastened in place using a pneumatic staple gun.
- Apply silicone using a sealant gun and smooth with a silicon pad.
- Workers are expected to check measurements of each product/material to ensure it matches the order form
- Using a miter saw, wood and vinyl are measured and cut to size as outlined on the order form.
- Add various clips if required, this is done to ensure the window is installed properly.
- Inspect and ensure all units meet the established standards of quality.
- Perform routine maintenance cleaning of machine and other materials as required.
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance checks.
- Ensure that the Supervisor is informed daily about quality, quantity, safety and any other issues that require attention.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous manufacturing and production experience is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Able to speak, write, read, and understand English
- Able to use wide range of hand tools, power tools, vibrating tools, and air guns.
- Able to work independently and in team setting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Standing, crouching, and bending for extended periods of time
- Lifting anywhere from 25 lbs – 50 lbs throughout the day
- Manual dexterity, frequent bending, twisting, reaching, grasping, squeezing, pulling, and pushing
Pollard Windows Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration for employment based on company needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, marital status, general identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, race, colour, religion or belief, age, physical or mental disability or any status protected by the Employment Equity Act.
You may be interested in this job if you have experience as a:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Profit Sharing
- Vision Care
- Nail Gun or Staple Gun: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Labour: 1 year (Required)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)