Paragon Security is Ontario's largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4,000 employees. Our mission is to proactively protect life, property, and the assets of our clients.
We are seeking experienced licensed security guards with strong communication skills to deliver exceptional customer service to the students, faculty, and guests at Humber College. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in security and/or the customer service/hospitality industry.
The pay rate is $15.00 per hour to start, with full Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Benefits provided after a three-month probation. At Paragon, our pay rates are above industry standard and advancement opportunities are available through internal career pathing.
This position is an excellent opportunity for those candidates looking to advance their career in security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), and hospitality.
Located at 205 Humber College Blvd in Etobicoke, Ontario, the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (Humber College) is a publicly funded college. Humber has three main campuses, Humber North campus, Lakeshore campus, and Humber Orangeville campus.
· Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Eligible to work in Canada
· Flexible to work Full Rotating Shifts (Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays)
· Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills (English)
· Demonstrate a positive and self-motivated attitude
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Able to respond calmly and effectively in stressful situations
· Strong Customer Service skills
· Able to work both individually and as part of a team
· Proficient Computer skills (Windows 10, MS Office, Outlook)
· Police Foundations/Law Enforcement diploma is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Patrol interior and exterior of campus to create a reliable, friendly and safe presence
· Demonstrate friendly and personalized customer service as a frontline representative of Paragon Security
· Ability to provide first aid and medical response to an individual when required
· Complete investigations and incident reports
· Operate security equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones
· Thorough record-keeping, report writing, and observation skills
· Adequate strength and endurance to perform the required duties
· Demonstrate judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
· Frequently inspect the facility for damage and report to management
· Ability to work individually or as part of a team
· Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities.
· Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all areas
How to Apply:
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the posting and provide a current résumé. Additionally, Paragon offers walk-in interviews at our Toronto office (1210 Sheppard Ave. E, Suite 100), Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please note that we are closed on all statutory holidays.
Remember to dress for success (formal business attire) and bring:
· Printed Résumé
· Valid Security Licence (printed copy)
· Original CPR (Level C)
· Original Work Permit
· Printed Compliance Letter (if applicable)
· Social Insurance Number (SIN) card
About the Company:
Paragon Security is Ontario's largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4,000 employees. We specialize in securing Commercial Office Towers, Colleges and Universities, Retail Shopping Centres, Condominiums, and Hospitals.
Our mission is to proactively protect life, property and the assets of our clients. We fulfill this mission through our commitment to client satisfaction, ensuring that our Security Guards receive continuous training and ongoing investment in advanced innovative technology.
We pride ourselves on promoting from within. In fact, many key members of our middle and upper management began their careers at Paragon as a Security Guard.
For all full-time positions, we offer competitive rates, full benefits (medical, dental, and vision coverage), life insurance, 401K, perks, and more. In addition, we offer part-time and flexible schedules at over 600 client locations in the GTA and Golden Horseshoe.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
- security guard: 1 year (Preferred)
- Greeting visitors, checking visitors in and out
- Securing assigned posts
- Patrolling on foot
- Patrolling in a vehicle
- Preparing reports