As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
The Program Clerk answers and places telephone calls, relays messages and directs patients’ relatives and visitors as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care; completes diagnostic requisitions, processes diagnostic requisitions, initiates transfer forms, processes physician’s orders; fills out, sends, receives, delivers and files requisitions on patient charts and ensures charts are complete; orders supplies for the Unit. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the job
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Medical Terminology (tested with a pass mark of 75% or greater)
- Medical Office Assistant Course or related experience
- Working knowledge of Word, StaffRight, Excel, Anzer
- Good understanding of Emergency Response Codes
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to deal with patients and their families
- Demonstrated ability to process physician's orders
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand instructions, memos, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to do basic arithmetic to complete reports
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Typing speed of 45 w.p.m.
- Good interpersonal and organization skills and strong team orientation
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
Are you interested in this job