- A minimum of five years of executive administrative, events experience required with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Above average project management skills, initiative, and creativity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; friendly and professional demeanor
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to concentrate on multiple problems/tasks at once
- Ability to show calm under pressure
- Thinks strategically – knows the right questions to make recommendations to clients
- Shows ownership and can take the lead with other KCI team members
- Ability to identify issues before they arise and consider mitigation plans
- Comes to the table with ideas to enhance events or project management
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and Outlook)
- Self-directed and able to work with limited supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Shows discretion in all communication and information sharing
- Experience with online event registration and management tools an asset
- Flexibility to work overtime and travel to meetings when required
RESPONSIBILITIES | Day to Day tasks
Work directly with third party executive offices and event stakeholders to maintain relationships and assist in coordination of executive onsite agendas and itineraries. This position is mostly administrative, managing executive schedules for events/conferences; creating presentations, and managing travel logistics, among other tasks. Strong Microsoft Office knowledge is beneficial. Travel is approximately 25%-30%.
Document Preparation & Management:
Format and edit letters, memos, agendas etc. Candidate must have ability to use independent judgment to compose general, non-technical business documents. Is privy to, and must protect, confidential materials.
Time and Calendar Management: Establishes a systematic method for self and others to track time commitments and the completion of tasks based on clients' preferences. Individual can independently manage multiple calendars by scheduling appointments, anticipating needs, changes and rearranging meetings as appropriate.
Meeting Coordination: Coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings and events including logistics (e.g., communication, location, meals, equipment, materials, RSVPs, and travel).
Travel Planning: Coordinates cost-effective and sometimes complex travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups.
Client Relationship Management: Regularly meets with client serving executives to obtain a strong understanding of their needs. Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external clients to understand the business and client needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with exceptional administrative skills who wants the opportunity to work in the world of events. The ideal candidate will also have a background in executive corporate events. Must be an energetic and enthusiastic professional who is up to the challenge and ready to work in a fast-paced environment! This position requires a somewhat flexible schedule with occasional travel throughout the US.
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Management: 1 year (Preferred)