Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager of Community Outpatient Mental Health Services and working collaboratively with the Adult Outpatient Program, the successful candidate would provide mental health assessment and counselling services to clients and their families experiencing difficulty with severe and persistent mental illness.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Masters in Social Work, currently registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Experience working in a Mental Health setting as it relates to working with Mental Health Clients
- Ability to conduct mental health assessments to identify clients’ needs, assess mental health status
- Set goals and establish care plans for clients and their families as needed
- Provide discharge planning and referral services for clients
- Implement psychotherapeutic treatment plans using individual and group processes to facilitate behaviour change.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of treatment effectiveness, consult with other members of the treatment team and revise treatment plans as required
- Provide crisis intervention and counselling as required
- Knowledge of community resources, and how to access same would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers