E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories.
We are looking for professional and enthusiastic, seasonal DISPATCHER, to work full-time in the North Battleford, SK region.
Reporting to the Concrete Coordinator, the Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling assignments of loads to drivers in the field. Additionally the Dispatcher is responsible for keeping accurate and detailed delivery logs and monitor tank levels/inventory.
- Schedule multiple trucks and drivers to efficient and effective delivery routes, ensuring proper directions, pick up and drop off points are communicated.
- Structure product orders for trucks that ensure efficient loading and deliveries.
- Ensure orders and trip events are recorded in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Maintain up-to-date listing of equipment and assigned drivers.
- Determine and communicate the most cost effective delivery options and the most efficient routes.
- Maintain proper and up to date last contained of equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties such filing of paperwork, monitor driver progress, process purchase orders and manage driver concerns.
- Ensure that driver has adequate time to perform their duties safely, while remaining compliant with hours of work regulations.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach throughout the organization and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Other Dispatcher duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Minimum of 3+ years’ Dispatcher experience within construction industry.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dispatcher: 3 years (Required)