LOCATION: Edmonton AB
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Delivery
Ready for your next challenge? You’ll be interested to hear about this Construction Project Scheduler/Planner opportunity based in Edmonton AB.
The core responsibility of this role is to perform scheduling services including field support for a portfolio of power distribution projects across the Edmonton area.
The key job responsibilities for this role will be to:
- Develop, manage, and maintain resource loaded project schedules through all phases of a portfolio of power distribution projects using Oracle Primavera P6
- Identify and report schedule problems resulting from construction processes, resource constraints, or other conflicts
- Assess and advise on schedule risks and schedule contingency
- Monitor and report on critical path and schedule performance
- Monitor, review, and analyze project schedules to identify quality issues, content gaps, risks, and performance issues for a portfolio of utilities projects
- Incorporate an understanding of construction processes and logic into the project schedules
- Work closely with Construction Management:
- Review, assess and analyze contractor progress and performance as required
- Developing relationships with clients in Project Delivery and Operations and others on the Project Teams including Construction Services
- Developing relationships in the construction industry (contractors, suppliers, consultants, etc.) and government (OHS Alberta, Ministry of Environment, DFO, etc.)
You MUST have the following qualifications:
- Completion of four years of University/College in a general technical or business degree or related field or by having an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of related power utilities construction experience or similar.
- Advanced proficiency with Primavera P6, MS Project and MS Excel software.
- Experience with cost loaded schedules and earned value analysis.
- Extensive experience in providing detailed analysis of project schedules, from project inception, through completion.
- Understanding of policies, methods, and procedures that includes advanced planning and scheduling techniques, risk analysis, risk management, and support of project objectives.
- Critical thinking to develop and analyze resource loaded project schedules.
- Must understand and apply engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Strong leadership skills
- Well developed communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in English.
- Well developed planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions in areas with uneven terrain.
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- A clean criminal record check.
You MAY have the following qualifications:
- Electrical utility design and construction experience
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings and have knowledge of construction management and coordination practices.
The primary work location will be in client offices and worksites around the Edmonton area. Depending on pandemic-related restrictions, it may also include significant work from your own home office. A vehicle for business purposes may be required to visit some worksites.
About Maven Consulting Limited
Maven is a vibrant professional project management, procurement, and construction management company serving the power industry throughout western Canada.
With headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Maven was recently recognized as the fastest growing professional services company in western Canada for 2019.
We recognize that our clients need motivated and capable individuals to provide support to the capital projects they are undertaking. In addition, we believe we are part of the wider community and need to do our part to contribute, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens.
As MAVENs, meaning trusted experts, for the utility, municipal, and transportation industries, we leverage deep domain expertise helping our clients provide the world with the energy and infrastructure to power and advance future generations.
We are committed to being sustainable in all facets of the word: financially, environmentally, professionally, and in delivering great value to our clients. We are proud to donate 1% of company revenue into local community projects through our Share 1% program which supports local non-profit organizations.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, to work in a progressive work environment, and with an industry leading company who is among the fastest growing in Canada, we would love to hear from you.
Notable Awards & Achievements:
- 2019 – Canadian Business and Maclean’s today ranked Maven Consulting Limited No. 70 on the annual Growth 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
- 2018 – Maven Consulting Limited Co-Founder and Principal, Graham Carter, was announced as a winner of Business in Vancouver’s 2018 Forty under 40 Awards.
- 2017 - Maven Consulting Limited was ranked No. 31 on the 2017 STARTUP 50, a nationwide list of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Only those people legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Primavera P6: 5 years (Required)
- power utility construction: 7 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19