Position: QA Automation Developer
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Department: Postmedia Digital
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
QA Automation Engineer will be an important member of our growing QA team at Postmedia Inc. The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for writing, implementing, executing, and maintaining automated test cases to ensure the software is delivered with high quality.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain system test automation infrastructure
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Identifying gaps in the test automation framework and participating in the work to close those gaps
- Ensuring that the automation routines run on demand or on schedule
- Adhere to and promote standards for test development best practices
- Analyzing Test Results and Reporting Defects
- Managing the final quality on production release
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings and sprint planning for test automation
Who you are:
- Must have Skill Set: Java, Selenium(IDE,RC,Grid), Gherkin, Git, Jenkins, MongoDB, Browserstack, Maven
- Experience in cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari ) using Selenium
- Have experience with testing responsive websitesExperience with API and Integration Testing
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and relevant test automation patterns & theories (Page Object Model, Behaviour Driven Development, etc..)
- Experience with web-services testing (Rest/SOAP/Rest-Assured)
- Experience with Jenkins is considered an Asset
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts for different environments in system/software development life cycle processes. Coordinate and actively participate in ensuring proper execution of automated tests.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: December 16, 2019
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time