PFG Glass Industries Ltd., a 110 thousand square foot glass manufacturing facility in the Gloucester Park area of HWY 1 (Aldergrove), is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this full time afternoon position will be responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. You will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
Please note that this position will need to have the flexibility to work any shift (flexibility for vacation coverage, etc.) but will work a regular schedule of Wednesday to Sunday afternoons.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts
- Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of new machineries
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
- Sharpening and maintaining machine tools
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience preferably within a glass manufacturing environment
- Experience within a manufacturing environment; automation experience is an asset
- Electrical background is a must
- A passion for equipment repair and maintenance and enjoys putting in place the building blocks that ultimately allows the team, as a whole, to succeed
- Strong experience working with CNC machinery and PLC’s
- Practical knowledge working with Fans, pumps, motors, valves, hoists, compressors, cylinders and conveyors
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to work with all individuals in the production department and provide training where appropriate
- Good analytical skills with a proven ability to independently troubleshoot with success
- Good communications skills both up and down the chain of command with the ability to assess a situation and concisely and accurately relay that information as appropriate
- A commitment to a process of continuous improvement
- A Safety first attitude
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- A safety first attitude with working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines
We are hoping to find a Team Member who is prepared to join our team and make a long term commitment. We are a growing company and this opportunity will afford you the chance to work in a state of the art facility that is always growing, always adding new equipment and always looking for ways to improve what we currently do.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with a PFG Glass Industries, please forward your resume and a cover letter stating your wage expectations.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the PFG team!
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- glass manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC machinery and PLC’s: 1 year (Preferred)
- Langley, BC (Preferred)