Join our small, fun-loving, Canada proud and international travel & culture obsessed team.
We're a new start-up in Ottawa, and our goal is to bring together international cultures from all over the world, providing an innovative approach to adult ESL / English learning. We primarily focus on hosting immersion activities, hands-on lessons, and tons of social events in order to provide as many immersion opportunities to our learners as possible. This will be the most fun summer job you've ever had! (Opportunities for extension if interested)
We want you on our team if:
- You are proud to live in Ottawa and enjoy showing off our famous and lesser known gems
- You are patient and open-minded, and enjoy speaking to diverse people from around the world
- You enjoy helping others and speak with a clear English accent (native speaker preferred)
- You are available afternoons from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM and occasional evenings and weekends for super fun social events (like BBQ's, camping etc.).
There's no pressure and no experience necessary; we're looking for the transferable skills that will make international visitors feel welcome and safe:
approachable, friendly, positive, outgoing, helpful, taking initiative, creative and patient, for example.
Some job duties might include:
- leading a group (up to maximum 16) through Ottawa public transportation to cool places in Ottawa (public transportation fare provided)
- recording attendance
- correcting and providing verbal feedback (on specific topics) to English speaking/pronunciation/grammar - training provided.
- encouraging participation and enforcing use of English at all times
- facilitating games (social games, board games etc.)
- taking pictures and videos (posting on work social media accounts)
- answering questions about Ottawa or about English phrases etc.
- having general friendly conversations with the group
- generally ensuring everyone is included and having fun!
- potential for learning and training toward teaching and facilitation
- potential opportunity to support with facilitating online classes (additional hours) if interested.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)
- English (Required)