Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Telecommunications Manager, you will provide excellent customer service in delivering switchboard and locating services in a respectful and customer-oriented manner for Scarborough Health Network including monitoring alarm panels and initiating emergency code and downtime procedures. You will also protect and promote the patient’s right to privacy, confidentiality and dignity. You may be scheduled at the General or Birchmount hospital based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Typing skills with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (Typing test will be administered)
- Excellent computer skills, and comfort working with new technology
- Switchboard and locating experience
- Mature, dependable, and able to remain calm in emergency or stressful situations
- Ability to engage with staff and public in a professional and respectful manner
- Ability to fill in for vacation, sick time, and statutory holidays as required
- Ability to work all shifts ie. days, afternoons, evenings, and nights at General or Birchmount hospital including statutory holidays
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers