WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Technician, Media Services
The role of Technician is the driving force of our Media Services department. Candidates for this position will be skilled in video distribution, video standards conversion, and media services. This is a high workload fast-paced team-oriented department focused on success.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Quality assurance
- Non-linear editing
- Standards conversion
- Video and audio encoding for Broadcast and VOD
- Video and audio file analysis
- Metadata entry & creation
- Other media services related duties as required
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Related post-secondary education in Telecommunications or Film Production
- 1-2 years' experience in a TV/Film distribution or post-production environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Knowledge of frame rate conversion and video and audio file encoding
- Experience with quality control standards and broadcast technical specifications
- Team-oriented, with the ability to take ownership of specific duties and tasks
- Experience with international and domestic deliveries
- Experience with VOD delivery platforms
- Must have attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Avid Mediator Composer experience is preferred, but knowledge and skills on any editing platform will be considered
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.