Headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, J.D. Irving, Limited, is a family-owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back 141 years. With plants, terminals, operations and sales office throughout Canada and the United States, we are a dynamic, rapidly growing, and successful group with diverse interests.
This is a 4-month work term from January 8, 2024 to April 26, 2024.
The Data Analyst Co-Op Student works with the Strategy and Business Performance group on a dedicated team supporting the Irving Group of Companies with head offices located in Dieppe, NB.
The projects and assignments vary by the requirements of the businesses, focused on enabling the businesses success through systems and services. During the work term the Data Analyst will be given increasing challenging assignments to practice the business analysis and solution delivery skills learned during the term.
- Education Required: Enrolled in Post-Secondary Education in a Bachelor of Computer Science, Business/Commerce, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Years of Experience Required: <2 years
- Positive can-do attitude with an interest in technology
- Analytical skills and excellent communication skills
- High energy
- Team player
- Attention to detail
What Will You Learn?
- How to further build your communication skills in a business environment as you work with J.D. Irving companies to help build solutions through technology that enable business processes
- How to translate business problems and opportunities into technical solutions through working in a team environment acting as the liaison between the business and development
- How to successfully apply business analyst tools, such as business process mapping, project charters, requirement gathering, etc.
- Training and experience in multiple industry technologies, including but not limited to: Tableau, SharePoint, Clarity, etc.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To Apply for this Opportunity: Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.