Job title :
CAPITAL PLANNER/PROJECT MANAGER
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Capital Planner/Project Manager to join our Capital Planning and Projects team at Interior Health in Kelowna, B.C.!
About the Role:
The Capital Planner/Project Manager is responsible for leading, directing, and preparing the project studies and the evaluation of capital and operating costs of specified projects. The Capital Planner/Project Manager provides effective leadership to the project team, ensures the participation of key stakeholders, and monitors the capital and program operating resources, provides leadership and expertise required to ensure that projects at the assigned site(s) are delivered within scope, cost, time, and quality to the client’s satisfaction and within a safe working environment.
Some Key Duties may include:
1. Leads and facilitates all stages of project planning, design and construction (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, project scope of work, functional program requirements, and evidence-informed clinical design.
- Develops functional programs, concept plans, schehmatic designs and business plans which outline all required aspects of the project.
- Reviews functional project design to ensure that all construction requirements have been included (e.g. decanting, demolition, and building system issues).
- Evaluates proposals for consistency within project requirements and IHA policies and standards.
- Monitors all stages of the project and construction to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to contract terms of reference, and consistency with technical and functional program requirements.
- Initiates and chairs start-up meetings and attends regularly scheduled project and construction meetings.
- Reviews and approves change management documentation, signs time and material work sheets, and processes progress claims.
- Performs or arranges for site inspections.
- Organizes site shutdowns and advises all affected areas of impact on their services, staff, and equipment.
- Meets with users during construction to ensure users are kept up to date on project status, budget, and schedule.
2. Responsible for the reporting and quality control of assigned capital projects. Monitors consultant performance for adherence to contract conditions, budget, and schedules.
3. Develops a project study implementation and work plan including identification of key stakeholders, critical timeframes, and processes required to ensure effective identification of capital and program requirements for each specific program.
4. Maintains a record of project study work plans and time schedules, identifies key milestones and dates in the process, and prepares monthly reports on process accomplishments.
5. Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to ensure full stakeholder identification and participation in the project study process including facility staff, medical staff, Information Technology, Plant Services, Foundations, Regional Hospital Districts, and Interior Health (IH) Board and committees as required.
6. Provides leadership and direction to project committees including identification of project management theory and integration with the project management requirements of the Ministry of Health and IH.
7. Identifies safety issues and integrates with the risk management process.
8. Identifies the need for external consultants and assists in the preparation of Expressions of Interest (EOI), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other related procurement documents.
9. Performs other related duties and or projects as required.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or a related field.
- Five to seven years of related experience, including hospital or healthcare facility construction experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.