We get excited about the latest technology. We want our work to make a positive impact and solve interesting problems. We enjoy being surrounded by a team that gets along and loves to learn. And we see the value of working in a cool environment, that’s why we have a human foosball court.
We are a company with a lot of personality and charisma looking for an enthusiastic, innovative thinker who enjoys that we do things a little bit differently.
If we’re a lot like you – or your desire to build beautiful and well-engineered applications is strong enough to handle our quirks – we want to chat.
The Inclusion System is a full-featured web application with the sole purpose of helping agencies who support people with intellectual disabilities all over Canada. We love that we are able to help people make a positive impact in the world and we hope you will too.
As our Jr. Application Developer, you are passionate about developing all types of seamless, quality code, but have a particular love for the logic of creating backend components. Along with a team of like-minded developers who get a charge out of working in a fast-paced tech environment, you will embrace emerging web technology in order to propel our system to the best and brightest it can be. You’ll take part in team huddles, evaluations of new development tools and methods, and engage in technical solution discussions. The right person for this role is intellectually curious, genuinely caring, and enjoys solving even the most complex problems.
If you are eager to work in a growing company with a purpose and personality, then this role is for you.
What can you bring:
- A Computer Science degree or relevant certiﬁcate/experience
- Proven ability to translate business/design requirements to developed products/systems
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new and emerging technologies and methods
- Ability to research and solve problems effectively and efficiently
Nice to haves:
- Git (or similar source control)
- Experience working with a reporting engine
What’s waiting for you:
- Empowerment: we want you to succeed that means providing you with the tools and resources that you need. When it comes to professional development, we always listen.
- Wellness: from medical to dental, we’ve got it. Beyond your physical health, we do our best to support your overall well-being by providing a competitive salary, vacation and personal time, a dedicated coach, a kitchen stocked with fruits and drinks, sit/stand desks, and a supplementary Health & Wellness beneﬁt to use on whatever it is that helps you be well. We also care for the wellness of our community and encourage our team to do the same by providing paid time off to go out and do good.
- Transparency: we keep all team members informed, including weekly updates on the top company priorities, monthly reports on our growth, and Town Hall meetings with Q&A’s to discuss business updates and company direction.
- Fun: we know a thing or two about having fun. Events, food, games – there’s something for just about everyone at the office. And while we like being together, we also go home on time to be with our family/friends and enjoy life outside of work
INTERESTED? Tell us about yourself and why we need you on our team through submission of a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time