Join the CFHI as a Patient Partner!
Are you passionate about improving health and healthcare? Do you want to bring your wide-ranging experience as a patient partner to support the ongoing capacity development of CFHI staff and other patient advisors/partners working together within CFHI to design and deliver programs and activities? Are you a champion for innovation and creativity? If you are right for this opportunity and you love to learn from and collaborate with others, consider joining the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI), a federally funded, not-for-profit organization, that works shoulder to shoulder with partners to accelerate the identification, spread and scale of proven innovations to improve patient experience, health, work life of healthcare providers and value for money in healthcare across Canada.
CFHI is seeking a part-time (2.5 days per week) Patient Partner for a 1-year term to complement its existing team of dynamic staff and network. Working collaboratively with the Patient and Citizen Engagement team and others across CFHI, the Patient Partner will act as an advisor, mentor and coach to CFHI staff and other patient partners to help inform meaningful engagement practices and partnership across CFHI and within our programs of work. Using their extensive first-hand experience as a patient partner involved in health system improvement, the Patient Partner will curate, adapt and/or develop resources to support recruitment, orientation, training and patient engagement efforts across CFHI. The Patient Partner will develop processes and guidance documents to support engagement efforts across CFHI that enables staff to ‘walk the talk’ of meaningful engagement that is aligned with CFHI’s guiding principles for engagement and support more improvement, with and for more people, that lasts.
Be a part of an exciting team.
The Patient Partner will bring their experience as a patient advisor/patient partner from other healthcare settings to work within CFHI. As a Patient Partner, you will:
- Lead the development of recruitment and orientation approaches to further expand CFHI’s network of patient partners, with attention paid to issues of diversity and inclusion to ensure a wide range of patient perspectives and engagement approaches that are fit for purpose
- Mentor and coach CFHI teams and patient partners as they work together on program activities
- Mentor and coach patient advisors/partners within improvement teams involved in CFHI collaboratives and activities
- Enable and support meaningful engagement practices across CFHI that is consistent with our guiding principles for engagement
- Develop organizational guidance documents and policies to support patient engagement activities
- Provide ongoing capacity building for staff as needed, including development of learning videos and orientation videos
- Use your extensive experience as a patient and as a patient partner to ensure patients’ perspective remain central to CFHI’s programming
- Learn from and together with CFHI teams – they are our and your greatest asset and consist of the best and the brightest professionals
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement and to strengthening our workplace culture by being engaged, positive, helpful and energized in your work
- Help CFHI make change happen for healthcare improvement
Are you the right person for this role?
If you have the experience and skills we need for this important role, we want to hear from you. You have:
- Lived experience as a patient or caregiver interacting with health care providers and the health system.
- Wide ranging experience as a patient/family advisor/partner, engaged at the direct level of care with providers, as well as within healthcare and health organizations/governments at a local and regional/provincial/national levels.
- Strong collaboration skills working together with a broad range of team members in a productive and respectful manner.
- Solid understanding of the field of patient engagement and are well-versed in notable practices for effective and meaningful partnerships.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to understand and assess the landscape of patient engagement in Canada and elsewhere
- Effective communication skills, in writing and verbally, and comfortable doing presentations to small and large audiences; bilingualism in French and English is an asset
- Respect of your peers as a notable patient partner and have developed a network of patient advisors/partners
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to interact with our team members as well as with external stakeholders.
The CFHI office location is in Ottawa, ON. There is flexibility to enable a remote working location, with expectations of occasional travel to Ottawa and potentially other locations across Canada.
Tell us your story.
Tell us your story on how you feel you can help shape our vision for an improved healthcare system in Canada in this role by sending us a cover letter, your résuméand your salary expectations to CFHI’s Human Resources team no later than September 8, 2019.
CFHI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we use the term “patient”, the term is meant to be inclusive of clients, residents, family members/caregivers with lived experiences of the healthcare system.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $81,600.00 to $102,000.00 /year