Decor & More Inc. is Canada's largest and most-awarded event decor firm, designing and executing more than 600 events per year.
Our events consist of product launches, fund-raising galas, corporate meetings and celebrations for as many as 6,000 guests to more intimate affairs including customized personal events for 20 guests. With offices in Toronto office and Calgary, our facilities house a full art production shop, image and graphics production, the finest creative talent in the industry, one of the largest floral departments in Canada and an unmatched logistics team.
D&M has been recognized internationally for its logistical expertise. Our logistical strength stems from our 30 years of experience and having worked in virtually every type of venue alongside every type of client and supplier imaginable.
Where we differ from our competitors, is that we are a Creative Design Company approaching each event with intention, to create transformational experiences that leave lasting impressions.
Job Opening: Production & Logistics Coordinator
We are excited to announce an opening for a Production & Logistics Coordinator to join our vibrant and dynamic team in Calgary. In this role, you will be at the forefront of ensuring our Production team runs smoothly and events are prepared efficiently from start to finish. Your responsibilities will span across various departments including Production Team management, Logistics coordination, Warehouse and Inventory management, and leading as a Crew Chief on key events.
Production Team Management:
- Collaborate with Team Lead in the recruitment, training, and mentorship of new employees.
- Drive a spirit of continuous improvement within the Production team through education and delegation.
- Supervise and lead the Production Crew, including scheduling and adherence to Employment Standard “hours of work” rules.
- Facilitate regular performance reviews to foster growth and development within the team.
Logistics, Shipping, and Transportation:
- Oversee complex logistics for multi-level events including coordination of stock movement and supplier management.
- Ensure economical and efficient shipping and transportation arrangements for event needs.
- Collaborate with various departments to facilitate smooth operations of events.
- Manage after-hours shipping contacts and liaise with other office locations on shipment coordination.
- Maintain warehouse facilities and equipment ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, ensuring optimum utilization of facility and inventory.
- Manage the movement and tracking of physical goods, ensuring accuracy and quality control.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair or disposal of inventory items as necessary.
- Collaborate in the development and enforcement of Health & Safety policies.
Crew Chief – Event Responsibilities:
- Lead project management efforts on assigned events including out-of-town projects.
- Oversee all aspects of event setup and breakdown ensuring efficient and safe operations.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and work with Event Coordinators for seamless event execution.
- Supervise onsite activities, ensuring safe work practices are followed by all workers.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as the business evolves and priorities transition.
- Proven experience in event production, logistics, or a related field.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Commitment to adhering to safety protocols and policies.
- Ability to travel as needed for event responsibilities.
- Clean driver's abstract and the ability to drive Cube vans and straight trucks.
Rate of Pay:
- Range of $55,000 - $75,000 commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated individual with a keen eye for detail and a passion for excellence, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would be an ideal candidate for this role to [email protected].
We look forward to the possibility of you joining our team and contributing to our continued success!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2C 1Z6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- event: 1 year (preferred)
- Class G Licence (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person