Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important?
Dawson Civil specializes in safe, quality and efficient civil construction and excavation. We work hard to plan, create, and maintain public and civil infrastructure.
Work for us and you will be a valued member of the Dawson Group, a family owned group of transportation and construction companies serving all of B.C. People First is one of our core values, and we take it seriously. As well, we pride ourselves on acting with Integrity, Excellence and Respect. These values define us and guide all the decisions we make.
In this role you will be a valued member of the Dawson Civil, working on a contract as a Project Coordinator on a two-year project, reporting to the Project Manager. As the Project Coordinator, you will assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with daily management of the project. The ideal candidate will effectively work with customers, both internal and external, to provide a valued service in construction services. Your base location will be Chase, BC.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Read and interpret contract drawings and specifications
- Understand, read, and implement project schedules
- Use project scheduling and cost control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Monitor, record and report production rates and construction progress on a weekly basis
- Identify, measure, and keep record of quantities as per contract items
- Implement the safety/quality control programs as per policy
- Assist the Project Manager and Site Superintendent in the cost coding and cost controlling process
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Track and manage contemplated change notices and change orders
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three (3) years of practical construction field experience
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Project Management Professional (PMP) considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Project and other project management tools
- Experience with Heavy Bid and Heavy Job
Looking to be part of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and help us achieve our vision of safely connecting our communities.
Apply now to start the conversation!
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted
Job Type: Contract
- practical construction field: 3 years (Required)
- heavy bid or heavy job: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 (Required)
- PMP or Engineering Technologist (Preferred)