A General Labourer is responsible in assisting with all scopes of a commercial and residential project. This includes tackling anything from cleaning up, moving objects around site, helping form and pour a grade beam to assisting in door installations.
- Rough Carpentry
- Assist in slab pours
- Equipment Operation
- General Duties
- Lifting and Installations Assistance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of safe work procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills
- Team building
- Effective verbal and listening
- Communications skills
- Time management skills
- Personal Attributes
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
- Physical Demands
- A General Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects.
- Environmental Conditions
- A General Labourer must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat. He/she may at times be exposed to dangerous and/or toxic substances and must take necessary precautions to protect eyes, nose and skin from irritation and infection.
- Mental Demands
- A General Labourer must complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. He/she must be able to effectively deal with the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
Job Type: Temporary
- Skilled Labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wainwright, AB (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)