The Yard Person is responsible to the Site Manager/and or Management. They are to assist the Manager in carrying out all duties required at the specific location. They must be able to work co-operativelyand efficiently with fellow employees. They must arrange their work schedule under the direction of the Site Manager or the immediate supervisor. They must work in a safe manner and wear all personal protective equipment as directed in the safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trained as a designated company first aider
- Janitorial requirements of the service area and yard; empty all garbage cans daily.
- Responsible for reporting any damage, loss or injury to Management immediately.
- Keeping the docks, walks and pump islands clean at all times.
- Mowing grass in summer and weeding as required.
operating weed eater and spraying chemicals for weed control, use of respirator is mandatory for this activity
- Carrying out minor repairs and maintenance as directed.
- Unloading oil shipments.
- Rotating oil stocks in the warehouse.
- Delivering oil orders to customers.
- Loading oil orders in customer vehicles.
- Assisting customers at pumps.
- Assisting in office in answering phones and serving customers as needed.
- Picking up and delivering supplies
. * Cleaning the yard of any debris.
- Checking the pumps, sumps, and card lock printer.
- Washing the trucks, trailers, pads, and islands as required.
- Loading empty drums.
- Taking care of used oil received, and ship out same.
- Checking water and sewer tanks weekly.
- Working safely and follow all safety procedures as outlined in the OHSEprogram.
- Holding current WHMIS, TDGand propane handling qualifications.
- Comply with the requirements of the Federal Privacy Act.
- Perform any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor or Management. Daily Duties:
- Empty garbage at card lock islands and fill windshield washer tubs as needed during the day and prior to going home.
- Perform daily inspection of pumps and islands for damage and leaks. Weekly Duties:
- Clean windows and doors as needed.
- Clean the used oil area.
- Drain nozzle containment boxes on islands and at drum fill.
- Power wash card lock islands and pads.
- Perform weekly inspection of water separator (summer months), dips, spill stock checklist.
- Clean stock rooms.
- Drain used oil into tank and store drums properly. Monthly Duties:
- Check stock in First Aid kit.
- Clean up loading rack area and power wash same.
- Dip bulk tanks for water at month end cut off.
- Comply with all the requirements of the Federal Privacy Act.
- Any other related duties that may be called for by management.
Job Type: Full-time