Supervise, Coordinate, Lead, and Manage all facets of the business and to focus on increasing efficiencies and profitability. The Procurement and Logistics Manager will manage all aspects of their team (Purchasing, Fleet, Facilities), report results upwardly, identify areas of concerns and implement solutions in compliance with TGA/ARS standards.
This role’s primary focus is the effective execution of the organization’s supply chain strategies. Specifically, the successful selection, qualification and hands-on management of all suppliers. Responsibilities encompass sourcing new vendors, negotiation of pricing, terms and contract language as well as providing support with the resolution of claims / disputes.
- Develop and implement identified supply chain strategies with the goal of improving overall financial outcomes.
- Work with sales, operations and finance to develop and execute timely results and execution of orders.
- Facilitates all activities associated with purchasing, including the method of procurement (such as direct purchase or bid); prepares purchase orders; reviews bid proposals and negotiates terms within budget limits and scope of authority.
· Responsible for contractual paperwork, establishing maintaining and negotiating vendor/sub-trade agreements, creation and maintenance of best practice processes for PO management, vendor invoicing, vendor quality, accuracy, and accountability. Responsible for timely and accurate execution of purchasing requests, assets and consumables are purchased at or below competitive pricing standards
- Establishes and executes supplier selection criteria and sources new and emerging suppliers to maintain as diverse a supplier base as possible.
- Ensure production projects are planned thoroughly and well in advance and identify risks to the success of projects and mitigate those risks.
- Supports manufacturing and project schedules by closely managing the purchasing life-cycle, tracking the progress of manufacturing and monitoring material lead times implicitly.
- Participate in the resolution of client and subcontractor claims and disputes.
- Provide support with the preparation of claims for extension of time and / or cost as required.
- Addresses all supplier and vendor quality / delivery / cost issues directly in a way that elicits a strong mutually beneficial long-term relationship whenever possible.
- Supports capital project management and negotiating.
- Responsible for contractual paperwork, establishing maintaining and negotiating vendor/sub-trade agreements, creation and maintenance of best practice processes for PO management, vendor invoicing, vendor quality, accuracy, and accountability. Responsible for timely and accurate execution of purchasing requests, assets and consumables are purchased at or below competitive pricing standards
- Responsible for the planning and organizing of company owned assets and consumables
- Inventory accuracy of warehoused assets and consumables, creation and maintenance of best practice inventory control, allocation, and reconciliation processes, general upkeep and cleanliness of the area, communication of standards within the warehouse, management of the multiple entities sharing the space, interior and exterior building standards up to and including cleaning, organization, consumable inventory, and general maintenance of a professional work environment
· Responsible for the planning and coordination of purchased goods and assets being delivered, effective use of company equipment and labour for delivery and fleet tasks, creation, review and reporting on metrics related to fleet software including the actions required to influence improved results. Distribution, tracking and management of gas cards, transponders, and other equipment/accessories related to fleet, processing of transactions to sell or acquire used and new equipment and/or vehicles, execution of vehicle maintenance and/or servicing, first point of contact for incident reporting related to company equipment and/or vehicles, vehicle care and cleanliness, vehicle inspections both planned and ad hoc.
- Responsible for fleet plan and balancing adds, disposals and forecasting
- Responsible for overall fleet optimization and decisions based on key fleet metrics and make recommendations for sale, purchase, transfer
- Assist and lead special projects as directed by the General Manager
- Management of Fleet Reports, including utilization, trends, tracking
- Influence / Persuasion
- Building rapport
- Managing Performance – the ability to take responsibility for personal performance as well as the performance of the team; sets clear goals and expectations, tracking progress and addressing performance issues in a timely way.
- Written Communication – capable of creating and organizing written documentation in a way that is able to communicate complex or technical information.
- Communicative – keeps internal and external stakeholders informed about issues or changes that may impact them or the project.
- 10 years Management experience.
- 15years logistics / warehouse management experience
- Knowledge of company products, services, abilities, policies, and procedures.
- Skills in multitasking and delegating for speedy completion of duties.
- Skills in identifying and resolving customer problems and complaints.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
- Skills in coaching, training, and performance evaluation of employees.
- Skills in current technology of office/field equipment and software.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel and fleet management software.
- Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to work well with others, maintain professional interaction with co-workers and vendors.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $1.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Logistics management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Procurement: 10 years (Required)