The City of St. Albert’s Community Services Department runs performing arts programming, including performing art classes, camps and the St. Albert Children’s Theatre program out of a dedicated arts facility on Carleton Drive.
Community Services is recruiting energetic, friendly and motivated individuals to join their team as Guest Service Representatives (GSR), working at the arts facility on Carleton Drive. In this position, you will provide exceptional service to all program participants in person and to members of the public over the phone.
You will be responsible for monitoring the reception area and greeting foot traffic at the performing arts facility on Carleton Drive. You will assist with on-site customer service inquiries and registration queries.
GSRs will report to the Performing Arts Coordinator and work as part of the onsite administrative team to deliver exceptional customer service. Approximately half your time will be spent greeting and directing program participants as well as basic administrative tasks. The GSR will also assist with the preparation and take down of various special events in the facility. They will interface with the facility’s booking and scheduling software regarding class registrations and for information on booked functions and events. You may be accepting payments using sale/registration software and will be responsible for balancing all the transactions processed throughout your shift.
You will also be responsible for providing basic room and event set up, minor janitorial duties and cleaning support throughout the facility where required.
The individuals we are looking for are passionate about creating great experiences for our participants in a professional, friendly and efficient manner. To be successful, you need to be a strong communicator, with a desire to work as part of a team and be adept at multi-tasking.
Hours of Work:
- Previous experience providing customer service in a fast-paced environment, processing transactions and handling cash.
- Strong computer skills and comfort using Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience working in an arts or recreation environment and familiarity with membership management software (Intellileisure) would be beneficial.
- Current Standard First Aid Certification is preferred.
- The ideal candidate is self motivated and excels at multi-tasking.
- Previous experience working in an arts or recreation facility environment would be beneficial.
- To be successful, candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team, but also independently.
approximately 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 pm.
start times between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and end times of 9:30 p.m.
There may be a need for the occasional shift on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
$15.89 - $19.34 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to express interest in this opportunity.
- Applications will only be accepted to 10:00 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time) on the closing date.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post.