Contrans Tank Group is hiring a bilingual Driver Recruiter. We are looking for someone who actually likes working with people, someone who can handle working in a busy environment. There is a lot involved when you hire a driver.
This position works with many personalities, and different walks of life. That is one of the best parts of this job! This position will offer you constant learning opportunities and there is room to grow in the company.
We have 7 terminals, and this position will support the recruitment efforts for 3 of those terminals. We currently have just over 470 drivers and we want to grow our business even more!
Some details on the position?
- This position will hire in Quebec so you will need to speak French
- You really have to be energetic and easy to talk with
- You have to be okay with constant interruptions, because something is always coming up
- Social media knowledge would be great, but it’s not required
- Results oriented which means we want you to hire lots!
- Knowledge of the transportation industry is more than an asset
- We work with computers often so you really should be computer literate
- You will likely work alone, aside from your actual job of recruiting people, or work independently sounds better
What do we want from you?
- We want you to be actively working on hiring needs. It’s all the time, so we want you to always be hiring!
- We’ll want you attend recruitment events
- Work to actively attract drivers / owner operators to the Tank Group
- You will post jobs, interview drivers, set up road tests, set up drug & alcohol tests with drivers, etc. essentially fully qualify and verify that a driver is qualified for the job and then hire them
- We work with different departments so we’re expected to get along with them
- This position will require you to be on the road recruiting and to visit the 3 terminals you will support with recruitment. So you will need a license and a car.
- If you had your AZ/Class 1 license, that would be amazing! I bet they’d pay a smidgen more for having that!
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Pretty great bonus structure
- Matching RRSP contributions
- Flexibility to work remote part time only AFTER you learn the job though
- Paid travel when required to go to terminals
- Comprehensive benefits package (health and dental)
- A group of other AMAZING recruiters you get to work with
If this sounds like a career you'd be interested in having a further conversation about send your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Recruiting: 3 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel: